Looking to join the NCSFA? Guidelines:
- Must be a North Carolina-based company or have an office/location in North Carolina, and be involved in the specialty food, pet food, beverage or wine/beer spirits industries
- Must qualify as a member in the Manufacturing Class, the Introductory Class or the Affiliate Class
- Manufacturing and Affiliate class members must be engaged in the specialty food, beverage or wine/beer/spirits industry for at least one year prior to application
- Introductory class applicants must be a manufacturer with less than one full year in the specialty food, beverage or wine/beer/spirits industry
- Affiliate class member include restaurants, retailers, brokers, distributors, importers, exporters, services providers, co-packers, etc.
- Membership application must be submitted, along with initial dues payment, for review by the Board of Directors. Additionally, photos of the product label(s) and/or sample(s) of the product(s) will also be required for Board review and applicant approval.
Steps to becoming a member
Step 1: Complete the form below and pay your membership dues with your credit card. (If you cannot pay with a credit card, you can skip to Step 2, download the form and mail in your payment)
Step 2: Download, complete and return the membership application to the NCSFA. This is a fillable PDF file, so please save to your computer, fill in the form, save and return via email. Instructions for submission are also included in the document. You should get an email immediately after completing Step 1, but just in case, here is the link to download the application:
Step 3: Take some photos of your product labels – up close. The Board reviews labeling to see that the product complies with general guidelines for ingredient listing, contact info, etc. Please make sure that the photos include these areas and are readable. If you have multiple products, one or two is fine. Return the photos via email to the address on the application.
IMPORTANT: Please read this before you complete the form below and pay for your membership. You must complete Steps 1-3 outlined above before your membership is official. Completing the online form and paying for your membership does not mean that you are automatically approved and eligible for member benefits. The Board of Directors must review the PDF copy of your application along with label photos. This process takes place online, but can take 2-3 weeks after all materials have been received and submitted for your membership to be fully approved. If you submit your application, payment and/or labels by postal mail, this can extend the process by 2 weeks or more.
NOTE: If you are joining to meet a deadline that is for a ‘members only’ benefit, such as the Dish This! catalog or Awards Contest, you must allow at least 2-3 weeks after we receive all of your application including the PDF file and label photos, prior to the deadline, for your membership to be approved.